Do you want to know our trick on how we set up our clients Facebook Pages??
Set your page up the right way. Right now!
Doesn't matter if you have an existing or brand new page these tips will be able to help you.
follow our 5 simple tips
- Go to your Business Facebook Page
- Go to “Settings” top right.
- You will then need to click on “Page Verified” we are going to Verify your page, which will then help you get picked up in searches a lot more when people are looking for your type of business and it’s great to have a Verified Tick next to your name as people than know it’s a legitimate page.
Once you click on “Edit” it will give you steps to follow. Now for me, the phone number option didn’t work I had to send documents. This can be annoying but I promise it will be worth it. I am in the process of getting all clients pages verified.
So this is an important step to do
-Same section a few spots down click on
“Tagging Ability” You want this ON. What happens if you share something amazing and they want to tag their friends? They can’t if this setting is not turned on. “Others tagging my page” Make sure this is on.
These are the main settings to a page, however, go through each section, if you are not sure on any section just reply with a comment below or join my Facebook group (Link Below)
Other sections are 100% up to you and there is no wrong or right setting.
We are done with this section, now on the left-hand side on that same screen click “Messages”
We want to be able to set up Automatic Response for your messages you get from clients. Why? Think of it this way. If you are a customer and you send me a MSG through my business page, I then take hours, days even weeks to reply. How will that customer feel? For me, I would be totally annoyed and move on to someone else. There are 10 other people that do the exact same thing as you so why wouldn’t they move on. You have to stand out and make that effort. Yes, you still have to reply but having an Automated Response you will give the customer another option into contacting you and not leaving to go to someone else.
- You will want to scroll down a little to “ Response Assistant”
- Click on that, which it will then bring up a box for you
- You will want to change the greeting, so click on change on the right.
- Then write your message you could write something like “ Hi **** Thank You for contacting me. My name is Natasha and I will get back to you ASAP. Feel free to have a look at my website www.smartsocialonline.com Thank You so much” that’s it. Short and sweet.
- Click on “Personalize” to include their first name as well
Moving onto another section we want to click on “Edit Page” on the left-hand side
This section determines the tabs you will have on your business page and the sections you have. This is super important. Not all tabs will be available to you on each template so please remember to go back and check.
This part here is all up to you as each business is different. But I have selected for me and most businesses will be the same “Business Template” if you click on edit next to the template field you will most likely see “Basic Template” Click on that and select each look. Do not stress there is no wrong answer.
- Once you select your template go back to that page and scroll to the bottom a little. You want to see what tabs you will now have. You should always have home, about, photos, events (only if you do events) videos, services ( only if you offer something, shop (only if you sell something )posts. Mine goes in this order. Now not every business will suit that order so make it your own.
There are other tabs that you can get like notes, Instagram tab, Pinterest tab, newsletter tab etc. if you are wanting those tabs just click “Add Tab” down the bottom.
It’s important not to have tabs on your page that you don’t use. So if you don’t do Events then don’t have it on there. It takes up important valuable space. For clients that say have an event this month but won't for another 3 months, I just remove that tab when not in use.
Preferred Page Audience. There is no given that this works but depending on the clients business if they are just purely local or national I will add in different locations, gender, and age into this field.
Services, adding this section will help people know what you do. I have my packages on there. This is not to put a million things but up to 3 major services you offer will be enough. Don’t forget to make sure to have this tab showing when you edit your template in step Three.
If you have Instagram I would link your account. To do this you need to go to Instagram and in their settings click “Link business profile” then follow the instructions.
Once all of these steps are done, your page is well on the way to becoming amazing!
If you get stuck please just feel free to join my Facebook Group that is filled with other business owners who are in the same boat as you. You can join here Socially Smart Business Club.